Saturday, January 26, 2008

No nigh nigh anymore...

Sense Molly has been sick coughing and with a stuffy nose she really hasn't had an appetite...which the doctor said she might not want to eat but as long as she is getting some fluid and pee diapers we should be ok...but now that she is feeling better it seems as though she has lost interest in nursing..ok..we'll she won't take formula so what am I going to do? We'll the doctor suggested that we try soy formula and see if she would drink that...so for the first little bit I would do half boobie milk and half formula and she took right to it and then slowly took out the boobie...now it seems that's the only thing she wants. The last couple of nights she has gone to bed nursing but last night she would not go to bed (mostly because dad was home) but as soon as I gave her a bottle she drank the whole thing and went to bed....sad..my Molly Ann does not need her mommas anymore! In a way I feel guilty like I have not fulfilled my motherly duties..but maybe I feel guilty because partly I am relieved that were done?? I don't know but what ever or how ever Molly will eat..I'll take it!! Feeling guilty I have been researching breast feeding on the Internet and came upon a blog of nursing mothers...we'll there were such topics as weaning a 12 month old..weaning a 24 month old..and then something that caught my eye...it was so disturbing...weaning a 5 year old..yes ladies and gentlemen I typed it a FIVE year old!! are you kidding me!! I am the first to try and live by "to each their own" but you have to be KIDDING me!! There were woman on there talking about how you should not be embarrassed and how most women breast feed that long...reading that article made me puke in my mouth a little...I mean come on..if you want your child to reap the benefits of breast milk that long can't you at least pump and give it to them in a cup..cause yeah they should be drinking out of a CUP!! One ladies advice to another on how to wean their 5 year old was to tell that child that "mommy's numb numbs are closed for business..you can massage them while you go to sleep but no more!" WHAT!! Put this little story in your back pocket and think about it.....I just have to remember "to each their own!"........

6 comments:

Tasha said...

You are so lucky!!! I would love it if Kenley gave up the boob! She seems to want it even more since she was sick.....You are probably going to be digusted by me four years down the road because Kenley will probably be nursing then too, lol! I hope not!

The Frame Family said...

Wow! That is pretty disturbing! Don't worry about the whole "feeling guilty" thing. When Ko was 5 months my milk supply pretty much stopped...I felt horrible! But he loves formula and it is more convenient to give them a bottle anyway! You'll stop feeling so guilty once you understand how convenient it is :)

Carlye Momma said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I'VE HEARD OF SOMEONE DOING THAT...SO DISTURBING...YES MAMA'S NUM NUM'S ARE CLOSED BUT HERE MY LITTLE KINDERGARTENER...YOU CAN MASSAGE THEM WHILE YOU ARE LEARNING TO TIE YOUR GALL DANG SHOES!!! CREEPY! Don't feel guilty...a lot of babies (including my own) decide for themselves when to wene(crap...I forgot how to spell that) and she really has gotten what she needs from you. I'm so sorry she's gone through so many tough sicknesses already! That's hard on mama! Well, it's nice that you don't have to worry about pumping anymore, I think that's the hardest...making sure there's enough for the time that you'll be away from them. And feeling like a cow hooked to the milking machines while you're doing it. Just be proud of yourself for doing it as long as you were able to! O.k. stepping off of my soap box now.

Love ya!

xoxoxoxo

The nursing mom of a 2 month old...not a 5 year old!

Jessica said...

That is nasty! I think anything after 2 is gross and even 2 is pushing it. Margo stopped nursing at 5 months and I got sick the day after Thanksgiving and my milk production went way down. Now I have to give Addie a bottle after I nurse and it is becoming a pain in my behind so I will probably just switch to bottle soon. Any ways they say to mothers who don't want to nurse to only do i for the first 3 months and you did it twice as long so you can only do what works for them. They are THE BOSS.

Dallas Jessica Aspen Irelynn and Hudsyn said...

I had to stop when Aspen was 7 months old I just couldn't keep up any more. I felt so bad and guilty. But that soon passed. Weird but that is one thing that I am looking forward to again with baby # 2. But don't worry I think that a year is almost to long. 5 years is just sick and wrong.

the mama monster said...

oh i can beat that! there is a video on youtube of a documentery in england about a 8 year old who still nurses!!! now i really am probably one of the biggest supporters of breastfeeding i know but i agree with jess ... anything after 2 is just not necessary. if you really feel the need to give your kids breastmilk still it should be in a cup.
don't feel bad about now nursing longer.. you did what you had to do mama and your baby will be just fine either way!